I have represented the Ward in 1995-7 and again from 2006 to the present time. I find being your representative on Council to be very rewarding. Please find out more about current items that I think are of interest as well as my achievements for the Ward and plans for the future.
26 April 2016
Kids want to be on TV?
This Thursday, April 28th Warren Tredrea and to Rehn will be at Goodwood Oval for the Channel 9 Sports Report. The event will start at 4pm with the bar and canteen open and a sausage sizzle for everyone. Bring the kids to the Oval wearing their Goody Saints gear if they have it.
24 April 2016
Full Council Meeting Tuesday 26th April 2016
The following may be of interest:
- petitions from Parkside residents regarding traffic flow and from Page Park dog walkers to request a change of time in use for dogs off leash (4pm when there is no daylight saving). Both of these groups have also requested a deputation.
- The endorsement of the Infrastructure and Development Strategy meetings: I am coming to the conclusion that these committees, in their present form, are losing their relevance. The debate seems to have been hijacked by fine grain debate rather than Policy and Strategy development.
- On Street Parking for Businesses in Parkside: Further work is needed regarding the rights of residents and workers to the available car parking in those areas close to Greenhill Rd.
- Wayville and Goodwood Traffic Management Study:This reports calls for the recently completed study to be put out to public consultation. While it recommends some road closures (the same ones we knew would work 20 years ago) they are likely to be temporary, in the first instance, if community approval is obtained.
- Forestville LATM Part Time Turning Restrictions: The turning bans seem to have been relatively effective in reducing traffic into First and Second Ave, Forestville. However, there is still some demand for roundabouts to be installed where these streets cross Everard Tce.
- Update of the Library Service Review:This calls for some change in opening hours that will need to be consulted with users.
- Temporary Parking Signs in Goodwood:The report suggests that an audit should be completed to identify the poles that are in place but not use (other than for the show). This seems to me to be be unnecessarily bureaucratic ans the problem exits in Goodwood and the poles are easily identifiable. In Gibbert st alone there are 13 poles cluttering the street scape that could be removed.
- Elected member Code of Conduct Complaint: A member of the public made a complaint about the mayor's behaviour at a recent meeting. While he has been found not to be in breach of the act it would have been easy to apologise for perceived offence and the matter would have been over.
- By-law Applications: This one picks up on the hours of use for dogs in some parks, including Page park, and an amendment will be put to change the hours of use to 4pm or 4:30 depending on the mood of the meeting
- Questions on Notice regarding disability access to Clarence Park train station (Palmer)and about an Unley publication in Chinese (Hudson)
- Goodwood Community Centre Lease Agreement; CONFIDENTIAL
19 April 2016
What a Good Idea?
so simple it seems to me we would already be doing it. Nevertheless, I think the outcome will be worth a read and if the savings are there to think about the same idea for Unley.
Budget Meeting: April 20th, 7pm, 2016
If you have ever wanted to know what goes on a budget meetings tomorrow is your opportunity to do so. Given the new rules and regulations regarding meetings of Council, including informal gatherings, Council have decided to hold a Special Meeting of Council at 7pm on the 20th April. What is in the budget and what is not will be discussed and debated so a draft Business Plan can go out for public consultation. Interestingly the rate rise will also be discussed but it seems those with the biggest budget bids (Councillors) are the same people that wish to keep the rate rise to a minimum. I know what I'm prepared to give up but preliminary discussions weren't going my way. It may be well worth observing!
18 April 2016
All Connections Unley Art Prizes
The All Connections Unley Art prize is a new and exciting opportunity for South australian Artists. The finalists have now been announced and the winners will be announced on May 6th The art will be on display from the (th to 27th may at the Hughes Gallery (Fullarton Park Community Centre). For more information go to www.unley.sa.gov.au/arts, you will also find the full list of finalists.
17 April 2016
- First place for our Active Aging Strategy
- Commendation for our Cultural Indicators
- Shortlisting for our Nesting Box initiative
Well done to all involved!
09 April 2016
Ideas for Page Park
While Page Park tennis courts are up for resurfacing next year it is timely to consider a few other things. Residents would like us to consider changing the off leash time for dogs from 5pm to 4.30pm when there is no daylight saving (April to Sept). Requests have also been received to keep dogs away from the exercise equipment and for lighting of the exercise equipment in the early evening. What do you think?
Katherine St Park
Works will commence on April 18th to start turning the land that Council purchased on Katherine St (the old nursery) into a Park. This is much anticipated by local residents and should be finished by early July.
Paid parking causing problems?
Most of you will be aware that the paid parking trials came with 4 hour timed parking throughout much of Goodwood. However, there seems to be that for a few local residents that used to use the parking near the tram stop to travel into the city each day this is proving frustrating and annoying. Adding to people's woes is that they are not getting responses from Council staff in a timely manner. For that matter I have also been waiting over a week when I have expressed those same concerns to staff. What these residents would like is to be able to obtain a parking permit to park for longer in the zones.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)