This meeting is the final for 2018. It contains the following matters that may be of interest:
- Petition regarding jacaranda trees in Macklin Ave, Hyde Park: residents are unhappy with the nuisance that their street trees are causing.
- Traffic Management Infrastructure: On resident is particularly concerned about the addition traffic management devices near Goodwood Primary School. She will also draw councils attention to other devices that she feels to be intrusive.
- Welcoming Cities: this is a new initiative that will build on council's established reputation of being welcome to new residents and visitors.
- Community Grants program: Some $37,175 has been recommended for grants to organisations including;
- Management of Weeds: I have put a Motion on Notice, in response to resident concerns, about council use of glyphosate for weed killing. I hope to get council support for the staff to investigate and trial other options.
- Future Tree Strategy; Cr Palmer has as for council to bring forward the revising of the current plan as the existing 2016-19 plan is already outdated. in particular he and I are concerned about just how difficult it is to remove a healthy tree that is a nuisance.