- A petition regarding parking in Walter St:residents are calling for the removal of parking restrictions. This will now be investigated by staff.
- Boffa Lane ticket machine; the conditions of the current trial have been challenged by people who have been issued with fines. It is suggested that instead of free parking for 3 hours and then being able to be fined if the car is not moved that a fee must be set. It is suggested at 20c/hour for the remainder of the trial. PASSED but at $1 for 3 hours. This will be the first paid parking in Unley and may set a precedent for others. Hopefully, this will make a park easier to get and work toward the revitalisation of KWR and not against it.
- Joint Use Agreement with Unley PS regarding community use of the oval and playground; This is a renewal of an existing and long standing agreement.PASSED
- Broughton Art Society Funding: this recommends that funding of $5,000 per year for the next 3 years be budgeted by Council. The Society generally applies for grant funding on an adhoc basis and receives, on average, more than this each year from Council.PASED
- Review of Dog Registration Fees (not cats): dog registration fees will rise to $70 before rebates and concessions are applied and then be increased to $85 over the next 3 years. As most dogs are eligible for a concession most people will not pay this amount. PASSED
- Pensioner Concessions on rates: the lack of state government funding for pensioner concessions is now starting to bite. All Councils are putting the pressure back onto the state government to make good their share.This could see some rate payments increasing 20%.PASSED
- Appointment of Independent Members to the Development Assessment Panel; CONFIDENTIAL
26 February 2015
Full Council Feb 23rd 2015
The Agenda looked to have little controversy this month. Items discussed include: