- Parkside-On Street Parking;This report calls for increased parking bays to be created on Greenhill Rd (east of George St) and for an investigation into Smart Parking technology. The purpose of the latter is to allow potential parkers to know where the spare car parks are, however, they will also be able to be used for issuing parking fines.
- Walking and Cycling Plan Review: it seems that Community feedback was well received and identified a number of areas that need further review.
- Update-Pay for Use Parking Trial: this picks up on resident concerns that have been expressed to me but says that overall people are happy with what is being trialed. Ongoing concerns remain around the poles that can be used to hold the 4 hour parking signs, many of which are unused and unnecessary. Concerns also exist from residents who need to use the parking area for longer than 4 hours but are currently not entitled to a permit.
- Appointment of Development Assessment Panel; this report calls for the extension of tenure for existing members until the DAP is disbanded and replaced by what the state government would prefer as a model (only one Council member on the panel).
- Traffic Concerns in Mills St: Don and I have worked on motion that would allow for consultation with residents regarding the potential need to replace the existing traffic calming measures.
- Brown Hill Creek: Auditor Generals Examination (CONFIDENTIAL)
24 July 2016
Full Council meeting: July 25th 2016
Topics to be debated this week include;