For a limited number of successful applicants, Council will remove existing dolomite and replace with 100mm depth of soil at no cost, leaving the verges ready for planting.
In addition to extra greenery, landscaping a verge contributes in many positive ways by:
- providing a healthier environment for street trees
- softening the effect of hard surfaces such as roads and footpaths
- improving air quality
- working at natural air conditioners through moisture in leaves
- reducing stormwater run-off, and
- providing habitat for small creatures like bees and butterflies.
Cottage Flower Garden Design #4 with vehicle path/bin pad of pavers and pebbles.