Unley Libraries along with our Community and Cultural Development and Community Centre teams will be celebrating Harmony Week 2022 with several events during the month of March, which are listed below. The official dates for Harmony Week this year are Monday 21 – Sunday 27 March.
- Thursday 17 March 7 – 8pm at Fullarton Park Community Centre. A panel discussion ‘You Are Welcome’ with Master of Ceremonies Matthew Ives hosting Sebastian Geers, Manager, Welcoming Cities and Kha Nguyen a member of the Vietnamese Community in Australia (SA Chapter) along with representatives from newer migrant communities. They will be talking about their stories of challenges faced leaving their mother countries to settle in Australia and what we can learn from their experiences.
- Thursday 24 March 6.30 – 8.30pm, in the Unley Town Hall. A screening of a free community movie, The Hundred-Foot Journey which is based on the book by Richard C Morais.
- For the duration of March we have a very special exhibition of Ukrainian Pysanky Eggs at Unley Civic Library. These are traditional eggs painted with folk designs, colours and symbols. Each egg is a token of friendship, respect and appreciation while also holding special meaning such as peace, health and hope.
- Unley Civic Library on Tuesday 22 and Goodwood Library on Thursday 24 March the Library Children’s Team will be hosting special Storytime sessions highlighting the theme of Harmony Day.
- Fullarton Park Community Centre and Unley Community Centre are decorating the centres orange for the month, in recognition of the National celebration.
- Unley Community Centre’s art classes are dedicating their time in March to create cultural pieces of artwork.
- The library façade lights along Unley Road will also be lit up orange for the official week of celebrations.
Unley in Harmony is designed to showcase all the media we have created over the years as part of our Harmony Week activities. It also lists our upcoming Harmony Week events. You can find the page here – http://www.unley.sa.gov.au/unley-in-harmony
Post a Comment