13 June 2017
What about our Community Centres?
2016/2017 approximate annual statistics for the 3 Council run Centres combined.
Visitations: approximately 225,000
Number of Programs: 231
Number of Events: 77
Number of Regular Hirers: 70
Number of Volunteers: 72
Number of Volunteer Hours: 7499.25
New Initiatives and highlights
Fullarton Park Community Centre
· Hughes Gallery held 12 very successful exhibitions with an increase in visitations and sales
· Held 7 Parenting seminars with over 400 people attending
· Centre Forum held with some great ideas being shared
· The art studio at Fullarton Park is now booked 6 days per week and 2 nights
· 29 School holiday workshops held with 95% fully booked
Clarence Park Community Centre
· Over 800 children and families attended the April School Holiday program, with The Scientific Bubble Show being an enormous success, attracting 70 children.
· The Cultural Cooking programs are proving popular with all programs booked out. To date classes have included Japanese, Mexican , Spanish, Middle Eastern cooking, these are a great way to increase cultural understanding and celebratethe diversity in Unley. More classes are being planned for 2017/18
Unley Community Centre
· New weekly watercolour painting class fully booked
· International Yoga day Yoga session June 17 – Free for all community members
· Working on 50th Anniversary cookbook for publication
· Cancer Council Biggest Morning Tea approximately 80 people attended raising over $250.00
· Harmony day multicultural meal. All individual dishes made by staff and volunteers shared and enjoyed by all patrons.
· Successful Active Ageing workshops each month on a variety of health and wellbeing topics
· 60 people attended the German Fun band concert