- Civic Precinct Working Group-Update: A report from this group (selected from application)was presented to Council. Clearly they have had wide ranging discussions about the possible changes that would enhance the area. As I was the instigator of this committee through collaborative discussion with residents it was good to see that the concept was working so well. PASSED
- Support for the French Bilingual School in Highgate: It seems that the envisaged program is full and that there are few, if any, places for local students. This report asked that Council write to the Education Minister to ascertain if the program could be offered to more students. PASSED
- ERA resilient East Progress Report:m So far there has been good work in the area of tree canopy cover mapping. PASSED
- Co-working in the City of Unley: This report explored the way that spaces in the City are currently being used. However, it fell short of a cost benefit analysis. If Council rents a property on a low lease rate and the created working spaces are let to start up businesses I need to know how much it is costing our ratepayers to do this and what the benefit is to the City.
- Digital Unley Endorsement: Staff have been busy working in cyber world that hopefully will make their work and your city much smarter sooner rather than later. PASSED
- Appointment of Members to the Brown Hill Creek and Keswick Creek Stormwater Subsidiary: the nominations are still confidential but once appointed the group can start to get the job done of protecting the City from flooding.
I have represented the Ward in 1995-7 and again from 2006 to the present time. I find being your representative on Council to be very rewarding. Please find out more about current items that I think are of interest as well as my achievements for the Ward and plans for the future.
28 July 2018
Full Council meeting : July 23rd, 2018
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment