- What are we trying to achieve?
- Will cost shifting from state to local be reversed?
- Will state govenment hold its own fee rises to the same amount?
- Will Councils be able to continue to borrow for large infrastructure projects additionally to the capping?
- Will this continue to drive prices down by forcing further collaboration between Councils (eg. bulk buying of rubbish collection)?
- What have we learned from capping interstate?
- How long is it anticiapted that the cap will last for?
13 July 2018
Capping rates would restore the faith that residnts have in local councils according to Minister Knoll. While I am not at today's Town Hall meeting I have had a keem interest in this. While I personally don't think anything will be achieved by rate capping I have said that it is time to work with the state government on this one. The questions that need to be asked are: