You might find the following of interest:
- Capri Theatre Loan Request; The theatre are requesting a $ 72,000 loan with a one year payback time and no interest to complete the ongoing renovation of the theatre. While I am sympathetic to their cause I have concerns that organisations may see Council as a place to seek additional funds when in reality that is what banks are for.
- Draft Tree Strategy; This is the overarching document for the updated tree strategy that includes the history and philosophy behind the need for such a strategy as well as a way forward.
- Application for a Weekly Green Waste Trial: at last a trial of what so may have been asking for. Goodwood has been chosen as the test suburb. While blue bins will be collected weekly during the trial so will the green bins. It is hoped that if this work the diversion of food waste to recycling instead of landfill could save the city over $500,000 in any one year.
- Report from the Brown Hill Keswick Creek Stormwater Board; this discusses completed (Ridge Park retention dam and the Goodwood diversion culvert)and current projects (Hawthorn Reserve, South Parklands, Everard Park (connecting Wilberforce Walk to Anzac Hwy)and Glenside)
- Beehives on Council Facilities (Nicole Sheehan); More beehives would support an increased bee population in the city.
- Investigating the Feasibility of Introducing eScooters in Unley (Sue Dewing): Council may be able to get the best of both worlds if we can have a fleet of scooters that can link to the city or other inner city councils and encourage more people to leave their cars at home. They would need to have fixed locations for me to say yes
- Increasing Tree Canopy on Private Land (Michael Rabbitt): this motion would see Council direct the question about increasing canopy cover on private land back to the state government.