It was good news to hear that the state government had finally made a decision to upgrade the final sections of South Road. The bad news is that the inclusion of a tunnel for part of the distance dos not include Black Forest and Everard Park. This relatively short stretch is most likely to be a lowered roadway. The access and egress to the roadway seems to be completely unavailable. So what does this mean for these suburbs?
- The tram bridge will still be able to be used by bikes and pedestrians
- The lowered roadway will provide some noise mitigation
- Students from Glandore could be isolated from Black Forest Primary School
- There is unlikely to be access to and from South Rd at Cowper, Dryden, Addison and Forrest Ave thus pushing even local traffic into East and Leah St
- There may be property acquisitions
- There will be enormous disruption during completion.