- Frederick St; Children Crossing signs are soon to be erected near the Scouts and Guides building to remind traffic to slow down.
- Princess Margaret Playground; Council are currently consulting about suggestions for minor upgrading including some equipment and additional shelter. Closes Sept 15th. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZBDLM72
- 50kph changes on Goodwood Rd have been welcomed by businesses and residents.
- Streets for People compendium has now been released by the government. This makes interesting reading and may allow you to think for a minute where suitable streets might be for a trial. http://www.health.sa.gov.au/pehs/branches/health-promotion/21%20Watts-PHCS-HPB-20111212.pdf
- Clarence Park Community Centre AGM is12:30pm on Sept 25th.
- Grade Separation consultation closes 5th September. Please read and have your say at www.dac.sa.gov.au . Interestingly public meetings may be held after this date.
- 669 South Rd; What should Council do regarding the annexing of Council car parks to access the rear of the property? Alternatives include removing the dividing fence, refusing consent and fixing the fence or charging for the loss of car parks at an agreed sum (suggested $15,000 per car park).
- Dunrobin St trees; The arborist report is complete and Council is still negotiating a way forward .
- Fairfax Ave will soon have it's footpaths paved.
- Residents have called for an audit of some of the street trees in Millswood Cresent.
- Goodwood Oval Advisory Group meeting will be held on Wed 5th Sept in the Tennis Clubrooms.The Agenda is at http://www.unley.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/GOAG%20Agenda%205%20September%202012.pdf
- The report from the consultant regarding the Representation Review will be discussed at a workshop this week. It will then be debated at Council before again going back to the people to have their say. The report recommends some changes to the existing boundaries as well as some more radical changes. However, it is deficient in that it fails to discuss the loss of Supplementary voters due to legislative change and how to get these entitled voters back onto the roll. It also fails to address ways that might ensure better equality in representation by gender, age or cultural diversity.
- While some things seem to take forever to get done others happen quickly. After my letter boxing a couple of week ends ago I sent an email to staff letting them know the things I had noted. The rubbish was gone in 24 hours, the sewer inspection point that had been paved over was repaired and graffiti removed in 2 days, the broken street light fixed by ETSA in 3 days and the weeding and tidying up are in process ( Gray St).
I have represented the Ward in 1995-7 and again from 2006 to the present time. I find being your representative on Council to be very rewarding. Please find out more about current items that I think are of interest as well as my achievements for the Ward and plans for the future.
02 September 2012
September Update 2012
The following points should be of interest;
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment