- They forced Council to consider high rise on the mainstreets (Unley Rd and Greenhill Rd, soon to be followed by Fullarton Rd).
- Council accepted this or every block could have seen 2 for 1 development, including demolition of all buildings heritage or not.
- They agreed to 5 storeys as a maximum on Unley Rd
- They then removed all development power from Council for buildings over $3 mill.
- They appointed the Development Assessment Commission and it is this group that approved a seven storey building.
31 March 2015
Cremorne Plaza: residents unhappy
This matter seems to be the talk on everyone's lips and the media are loving it. But a few things need to be remembered. If you are angry you need to be angry at the current labour government.
Thankfully, for Black Forest highrise is now off the agenda except on South Rd.