Be amazed at what is happening in Unley!
Tomorrow marks the official start of SALA Festival.
This is our 13th year of association with the ever-growing SALA Festival – 8,000 artists in 700 exhibitions and events. If you didn’t know SALA Festival is the largest open access festival for visual artists in the world.
This year SALA runs throughout August and Unley’s involvement includes:
- Over 30 venues displaying work in a variety of mediums from around 140 artists. This continues to be one the largest responses to SALA in any metropolitan area.
- The City of Unley Active Ageing Award – our fourth year sponsoring this award and promoting our Active Ageing Strategy. Aimed at artists over the age of 60 across the state, we attracted over 30 submissions.
- Chris Webb’s exhibition “Revealing A Narrative” at the Hughes Gallery and Unley Library.
- The SALA Registration Subsidy Scheme which has assisted Unley based artists and venues to cover the costs of registering with SALA. Over 20 artists’ registrations were processed successfully for this scheme.
- Inclusion of a SALA in Unley map to be used in conjunction with the SALA guide;
- The SALA in Unley app. This is an app version of the map with additional information similar to the main SALA guide. This can be downloaded from izi.TRAVEL.
- Coordinating and designing a joint promotion with 18 other councils with a full page advertisement on the back of the main SALA Festival program. The aim of this advertisement is to showcase the role of Local Government supporting the arts.
- And some really innovative promotion on over 40 street and park bins (along with the All Connections to Unley Art Prize winner) and inserts on our community bus.
Post a Comment