Dogs may be exercised under 'effective control'. Effective control means
- a dog is restrained by a strong lead less than 2metres in length
- the dog responds to a command, is in close proximity to the person and the person is able to see the dog at all times
EXCEPT where organised sporting activity or organised events are being conducted.
Dogs are prohibited
- within any enclosed area where there is children's play equipment
- within 3 metres of children's play equipment if it is not enclosed
- in areas listed on signposts that prohibit dogs.