- select a committee for a newly formed Residents Action Group
- to hear a presentation and to ask questions and seek answers from DPTI about ongoing concerns regarding the Goodwood Junction, rail electrification and Greenways project.
I was disappointed that Luigi Rossi, the Manager of the project, had not updated his slides in lieu of recent changes. Residents need to understand that this has been, and will probably continue to be, a moving feast. that is changes in detail can still be made if enough people who don't want it complain. This is evidenced most recently by ;
- the change in haulage routes so most soil will be removed via the train corridor
- dust management
- noise abatement measures both during construction and on completion if the current noise levels are not diminished
- the design of the Brownhill Creel diversion as it enters Forestville Reserve (there will be public meeting just on this topic next week-I don't have the date or time yest)
- potentially the addition of screens (noise and visual barriers) at some locations