04 October 2015
Unley Libraries Festival - Learn it. Live it. Love
2015 marks our 4th year of running this event – Unley Libraries Festival - Learn it. Live it. Love it.
Our focus is on health and wellbeing with a program that will get people active indoors & outdoors & trying something new.
The festival will run from Friday 6th – Sunday 8th November and take place across several venues, the Unley Library, Town Hall and Village Green.
Some of the program highlights are:
· Prime Time : Retirement panel discussion with our very own Councillor Michael Rabbitt, ex MP Hon John Hill and Probus member’s with Matthew Ives as MC
· Gentleman’s Guide to Cool with author Paul Giles. A workshop to help young men improve their self-esteem and presentation skills to bring excellence to everything they do.
· Simon Bryant cooking demo, food tasting and Q & A
· Declutter your life & home workshop
· Evening outdoor family picnic and movie screening of the Dreamworks feature Home.
· Playspace – outdoor pop-up library and adventure playground, designed to get people away from technology screens and active outdoors.
· Wellness Expo with a variety of external organisations showcasing what they can offer, from SA Dog Rescue with adoption ready dogs to neck and shoulder massages.
· COTA – mature driver workshops
· Hands-on activities for people of all ages
We hope you can help to spread the word and share/like the event on our Unley LibrariesFacebook page.
We also hope to see you across the weekend and enjoy being active with your family and friends at Unley Libraries. You can book online now!