operating at capacity with 590 students enrolled in the 10 week summer term that operates
until April school holidays.Additionally:
- Friday for a cause started on Feb 2nd and has so far raised over &700 for Surf Lie Saving.
- All funds are contributing to the operation of the ‘Ride the wave Program’. This program is to provide water safety education to some of South Australia’s at risk and migrant population. In its first two weeks ‘Ride the Wave’ has provided water safety sessions to over 30 people, representing six different nationalities.
- Over the weekend of Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th February the Swimming Centre hosted the 13th Annual 24 hour MS Mighty Swim. To date has raised $88,919 for those living with Multiple Sclerosis in our community.
- Several media opportunities have recently presented themselves, promoting the facility and the above events and programs.
- Eastern Courier article ‘Migrants set to make a splash’ Wednesday 8th February.