Today's Sunday Mail had an article about improved planning consent. Under the heading cutting red:
- Pools, sheds, garages and carports-less rigorous assessment
- Lodgement and tracking of planning assessments on-line
- Accessible on-line comparison tools
- Delegation of more planning authority power to the private sector
- Fewer public notifications and no appeal rights for less complex developments
If you are the developer most of these seem like progress. If you are the concerned neighbour then you would no longer have any right to represent or appeal category 2 applications.
It all seems rather too much to give up when only 14 of 777 Development Applications in Unley were initially refused (less than 2%).
Post a Comment