The following items may be of interest:
- Nominations for various outside Committees;
- Designated Smoke Free Spaces;This motion seeks to ensure that smoking cannot legally occur within fenced playgrounds. I was shocked late last year to find that there were areas at both the Dora Guild Playground and the Princess Margaret Playground had areas in which people could legally smoke. After much work from Council staff this motion will keep 20 fenced playgrounds in Unley Smoke fee PASSED
- Canopy Improvement Action Plan; This plan outlines a range of strategies that Unley can use to improve tree canopy. PASSED
- Mainstreet Association Marketing Fund Requests: Council collects a separate rate for businesses in the Mainstreets. Moneys to be raised include $113000 for Unley Rd, $147,00 for King William Rd, $13,000 for Fullarton Rd and $57,000 for Goodwood Rd PASSED
- Civic Precinct Working Group: Update; This group has been working on a strategy and concept development to improve the Village Green area. New ideas include irrigation, more footways, more attractive fencing on Rugby St, event power services, Way finding signage and improved landscaping.