The City of Unley is pleased to announce stage 2 of the upgrades at Forestville Reserve will commence soon.
These works will include:
- A shade structure for the new playground (currently underway)
- Restoration of lawn areas around the skate park
- Restoration of basketball half-court and a new netball court area
- Restoration of lighting and other landscaping around the pedestrian and cycle path
- New fitness equipment, including an upgrade of the existing equipment
- Enhancement of the new culvert opening, including planting
- Resurfacing of the skate park (to provide a smoother finish)
Revegetation and Plantings
The Melaleuca (Paper Bark) trees on the northern side of the overpass are marked for removal. The trees have been assessed by council’s arborist and DPTI personnel and have been seen to present in very poor form with declining health. It is proposed that the entire planting bed be rejuvenated within the main project scope following the removal of the trees.
This will include new plantings of low and medium height vegetation, as well as tree species of similar mature dimensions to those being removed.
The works are expected to commence in October 2014 and we anticipate the majority of works to be completed by March 2015, subject to site and weather conditions.
Some areas will be temporarily fenced during construction; however the majority of the reserve will remain open.