- More press about the freight train diversion, I keep hoping this may eventuate and keep working with the committee on it but it seems like so much money has been spent that it becomes increasingly difficult to get any traction with politicians. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/east-hills/mitcham-councils-fresh-call-to-have-freight-trains-diverted-away-from-the-hills/story-fni9lkyu-1226781261487
- The community meeting on the Canterbury Tce solutions was well attended. Please take the time to respond to this if you have an opinion either way. You can find the documents at; http://www.unley.sa.gov.au/site/page.aspx?c=28518 .
- The Goodwood Oval Advisory Group met last Wednesday. the minutes can be found at http://goodwoodoval.org/index.php/gorg-minutes. The group need at least two more resident nominees. If you are interested please let me know.
- Black Forest Primary School crossing; I attended a meeting this morning with interested residents and both Vicki Chapman and Terina Monteagle (candidate for the Liberals for Ashford in March). Fears are that this crossing could be eliminated in future South Rd upgrades and that alternatives need to be included in the plans for this upgrade to include an overpass in the general area that the crossing is now. This would require land acquisition that could be started as suitable sites become available. The safety camera in this location raises over a million dollars each year for he state government, the $6,000,000 cost could easily be covered from money raised.
- The Reopen Millswood Station group met with Tom Koutsantonis last week with promising results in that he did not say no, but rather that the current investigations are incomplete.
- Westbourne Park Primary School centenary is approaching, they would love to hear from old scholars who still live in the area. If you are interested you can subscribe directly to the committee at www.wppps100.com.au or call Rachel on mobile 0438 872 483
- It is great to see the kerb and water table repairs being done in William St in preparation for the paving of the footpaths.
14 December 2013
December Update 2013
The following items should be of interest;