Goal 1; Sport and Recreation
The City of Unley offers a wide range of quality sporting and recreation facilities that meets the needs of the community.
Strategy 1; That sporting facilities can evolve and meet the future community demand for services
- This will enable the development of Master Plans for Unley Oval, Goodwood Oval and Millswood Sporting Complex.
- Optimise operations at the Unley Pool
- Explore opportunities to use ACC or Showgrounds land.
- Continue the upgrade of the Unley Park Sports Complex
- Improve arrangements for the use of the tennis courts at Page Park.
The City of Unley provides community access to organisations that provide wellbeing opportunities
Strategy1;That community organisations can evolve and meet the future community demand for services.
- This will meaning developing an appropriate direction for facility provision for Scouts and Guides.
- Investigating opportunities to better utilize the Village Green.
- Ensure Meals on Wheels can continue their operation within the City of Unley.
- Investigating commercial opportunities.
- Moving the display element of the Museum.
- Relocating the Unley Community Centre.
That Policy provides links between the strategic direction and day-to-day operations.