This was the first meeting of this committee and the format was more in the nature of a workshop. It's purpose was to give the new independent members background in what the committee was established to achieve and the projects that it was likely to make decisions about. Given that I still learned a few new things as well. The New Capital Programme spends 14% of Council's budget and the Capital Renewal Programme spends 9% of the budget.
I liked this quote; Peter Drucker
Quality in a service is not what you put into it.
It is what the client or customer gets out of it.
Key Observations at Unley include;
A better service, not a better asset, is the key indication of successful asset management.
- A poor understanding of why maintenance is undertaken
- Levels of service generally not understood
- Reactive approach to service delivery
- Assett life largely ignored and untested
- Poor understanding of ctriticality and risk
- Not enough in house people with system capability.
- Reasonable linkage to the Long Term Financial Plan.
Post a Comment