- was owned by a foreign entity
- had outdated infrastructure
- used twice as much electricity as it could
- no longer meets Australian safety standards
- and relied on others to tell you when it failed?
05 August 2014
What's next for street lighting?
Would you keep using and paying for something that:
Probably not, and yet that is the status of our current street light network. Council explored options to achieve savings at a briefing yesterday. Unley Council currently has 46,000 street lights, that is one for early 8 people. The total cost to mange these and provide light is approx $600,000 each year , about 2% of rate revenue.