04 February 2013
Cowper Rd Concerns to DPTI and Council
Things we need to know:
· Up-to-date copy of current plan
· · Timeline of whole Greenways project including timeline for start/finish of cycle path from Emerson to Clarence Park Stations in relation to Cowper Road
· · Wheel & track noise. What noise level in decibels at opening of Cowper Road now and on completion of current plan
· · Height of track when finished – will it be higher or lower than current
· · Material of barrier & essential qualities, i.e. noise absorption & deflection
· · Essential to be aesthetically pleasing from our homes & front gardens
· · Sheoaks removal/preservation. We request 7 days notice prior to removal
· · Will there be facility for access by vehicles to the train line from Cowper Road when work completed?
· · Lighting – distance between poles, height of poles, any deflection or reflection into residents homes or gardens. Is the lighting solar powered? How long will the lights be on during the night.?
· · What rules/regulations ie. Federal/state/local would prevent a solid barrier being erected to prevent our homes being exposed by the removal of the current solid structure