- A petition from the residents in First Ave, Black Forest complaining about the speed cushions in Leah St and the subsequent diversion of traffic. I can't see too many people in GS not agreeing with the sentiment. Money has now been budgeted for a Local Area Traffic Management Plan in this area but also including Victoria St, Devon and Essex St. Also the report that I requested should come to June's meeting.
- More people are availing themselves of the opportunity to speak directly to Council and there will be 4 deputations.
- I have reserved out 2 matters from the Unley Business and Development Committee. Two Motions Without Notice were moved at that committee meeting that have the ability to cause the Heritage DPA to be disbanded. I hope to ensure that these motions are considered by the Development and Strategy committee, along with all other representations, in making their recommendation to the Full Council.
- Leases for many of the sporting clubs have come back from community consultation with recommendations unchanged from what was originally recommended.. This includes Goodwood Saints and the Forestville Hockey Club.
- The draft budget to be endorsed for consultation. I will write a separate blog on this. Rates increase is likely to be 4.5%.
- Unley Gourmet Gala, Staff are seeking an in-principle agreement to stage this event in 2014, whether or not Unley gets a staged start. The net cost of this event to Council is $205,000.
- The final decision on the Elector Representation Review must be made. There are some last minute submissions on representation at large rather than wards. Goodwood South will become Clarence Park at the next election in November 2014 if this is endorsed.
- Fullarton Park Regeneration
- Eastern Regional Alliance Report
- Motion from Cr Hudson regarding the feasibility of moving the Citizens Centre to 39 Oxford Tce. This work has already been done and the findings did not support a change on location.
- Motion from myself regarding the possibility of Council buying a potion of land from DPTI in Devon St to increase landscaping opportunities where the houses have been demolished.
21 April 2013
Full Council meeting; 22nd April 2013
The following items should be of interest:
The full agenda can be read at ; http://www.unley.sa.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/Council%20Agenda%20April%202013.pdf